As a small company doing big things, our job descriptions vary from day to day, giving interns the opportunity to grow their working career capabilities while diversifying their skills for future success. With our extensive list of clients and partners, Score’s interns have the opportunity to speak to and network with a long list of companies and contacts that could be a connection that leads to an incredible career!
Sports Journalism & Writing, Graphic Design, Score Reporters, TV & Digital Production, Sales & Marketing
We are accepting applications for our Summer (May-July), Fall (August-December) and Spring (January-April) Semesters.
College-credit internships are open to college students.
Experience-based internships are open to recent graduates & current students.
No financial compensation is available. But the experience is invaluable to your future.
Ability to work flexible hours to include nights and weekends is required.
Minimum of 24 hours per week required in the office for most positions. However, the “Content/Scores” internship can be as few as four hours per week.
Interns must provide their own laptops for internship tasks.
Thank you for your interest in an internship with Score Atlanta.
To apply, you must download the Internship Questionnaire pdf below. Complete the form by typing in your answers and then saving the document to your computer. Then, please email the completed form along with your resume to “firstname.lastname@example.org.” In the subject line of the email, please reference which internship you are applying for such as using “Sales & Marketing Internship” as your email subject if your are applying for that position.
Due to a high number of submissions, please understand that we will only contact you if our staff would like to schedule an interview with you. We use the questionnaire as our initial pre-screening process. Any applicants who do not submit the questionnaire and follow the above instructions will not be considered. Thanks again and good luck to you!
Sports Journalism & Sports Reporting Internship
Score’s sports journalism interns will communicate with multiple sources to cover local area sports such as the Atlanta pro teams, regional college programs and high school sports. These interns will also assist with editorial projects, provide support to management and help with website maintenance. Interns will also have the opportunity to be published online and in print throughout the semester while covering local sports teams. Gaining experience in these areas will allow entry in a variety of areas within the sports industry.
How To Apply / Writing Samples:
- In addition to submitting the mandatory Score Internship Questionnaire with your resume, please also include 2-3 samples of your best writing for review. This is required in order to be considered for the next round which will be the interview round.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Writing stories about local sports teams (everything from Falcons/Hawks/Braves to UGA/Tech/KSU/GSU to high schools).
- Help provide high school content for AJC prep sports coverage.
- Learning about sports journalism, sports marketing, and print publication assembly.
- Provide social media support through pushing sports scores, sports story attention grabbers, and high school rankings.
- Covering live sporting events.
- Covering sports stories on our web platforms.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files including articles and advertisements.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Current college students or recent graduates.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Effective communication skills over the phone.
- Experience/interest in web maintenance.
- Previous experience with a publishing company such as a school paper (not required but highly regarded).
- Experience in proofreading and copyediting to effectively provide feedback on articles.
- Interest in sports to provide passion and interest in sports articles.
- Journalism, Communication Studies & English majors/degrees are a plus but not mandatory. We will consider anyone with strong writing skills.
Graphic Design Internship
The Graphic Design Intern will be responsible for the development, maintenance and implementation of a variety of assignments; their primary function will be to support the Art Director with running projects and collaborate with new ideas for incoming jobs.
How To Apply / Design Samples:
- In addition to submitting the mandatory Score Internship Questionnaire with your resume, please also include 2-3 samples of your best designs for review. This is required in order to be considered for the next round which will be the interview round.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Report to Art Director.
- Work as part of the creative team with Designers.
- Assist with conceptualization on layout and design for printing materials and web content.
- Create digital assets for marketing collateral and assist in all phases of projects, including the creation and design of print and web advertisements, web-page layouts, event page layouts, social media campaign visuals, email templates, proposals and visuals to communicate product or service features.
- Develop web ads (static, animated; rich media a plus).
- Develop logos (for events, clients, etc.).
- Image production and/or corrections, web content updates and edits.
- Work closely and support the social media management teams and web developer.
- Other duties to be assigned by Art Director, as needed.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Proficient with Adobe CS programs (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop: We currently run most updated CC version).
- Working for a Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Web Design or similar.
- Knowledge of printing process.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detain, and flexibility.
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently on several projects at a time under pressure and fast paced environments as a team member.
- Demonstrates creative flair, originality and a strong visual sense for branding and integrating visual elements across multiple mediums in web, print, interactive, and social media assets.
- Confidence, to present and explain ideas to clients and colleagues.
- Web development knowledge or experience (Not required but highly regarded).
Fridays 6:00pm – 12:00am (work from Score’s offices)
Saturdays 2:00pm – 8:00pm (can work from home/school)
TV & Digital Production Internships
- Camera operators
- Assistant producers
- Play by play announcers
- Assistant stage directors
- Graphics assistants
- Setup assistants
- Production assistants
- Game reporters
- Score reporters
- Social media producers